We have been teaching martial arts in Newark for over 10 years with kickboxing classes to suit everybody from 7 years old to 60 years old.
Benefits of training in a Kickboxing class for suitable for Beginners
- Enjoy a new sport with other beginners
- Have fun & develop confidence
- Fitness training that helps weight loss
- Improve your muscle tone and relieve stress
- Improve suppleness and co-ordination
- Plus the added sense of achievement through fun of learning new skills
- Speed up metabolism
- Enjoy a new sport in friendly, unintimidating atmosphere
- Train at a pace suitable for you
- You are welcome no matter how fit or unfit you are
Newark Class Times
Sundays The New Newark Sports and Leisure Centre, Bowbridge Road, Newark, NG24 3DH
- Junior Kickboxing Class (5 to 12 years) 5:45pm till 6:30pm
- Adults Kickboxing Class (13 to 50 plus years) 5:30pm till 6:30pm
Wednesdays Magnus Leisure Centre, Magnus Church of England School, Earp Avenue, Newark.
- Junior Kickboxing Class (5 to 12 years) 5:15pm till 6:00pm
- Junior Kickboxing Class (5 to 12 years) 6:15pm till 7:00pm
- Adults Kickboxing Class (13 to 50 plus years) 7:30pm till 8:30pm
It took a while to find a club that I felt was suitable for all the family to attend, but with the Pro Martial Arts Schools Kickboxing club we have definately found it.
Kickboxing teaches the kids discipline, self respect and strategies for avoiding trouble. For myself I find it an excellent workout and great stress release.'
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Are the classes safe?
In a nutshell, very. Regular classes are non-contact so training is done on special martial arts equipment, not people, as most of our members attend classes to increase fitness, tone up and improve their self defence skills whilst having fun learning an effective martial art at the same time. For this reason sparring and competition training take place in a separate class and not in regular classes.
What dose non-contact mean?
Non contact kickboxing means that you like most of our members can enjoy learning kickboxing skills safely using the pads that we provide and take advantage of the many benifits that kickboxing offers such as fitness, weight loss, fun, confidence and flexibility. If you do wish to take part in contact training later on as your skills progress the you will be welcome to take part in our separate sparring/Competition Team classes. The choice will always be yours!
Can I take part if a am unfit?
All of our training is structured and we treat all our new students as 'unfit' unless they tell us otherwise! We allow you to train at your own pace and encourage you to reach your desired fitness level. We know you will make rapid progress once training in a structured class regardless of your physique, ability, fitness level or experience
Will I feel out of place to begin with?
It is natural that everyone taking up Kickboxing for the first time will feel slightly nervous, our Instructional Team are experienced in recognising this and will do their best to put you at ease straight away. Don't worry as all classes have a friendly atmosphere and other beginners join regularly all year round, meaning there will always be someone at your stage for you to enjoy training with.
Do I have to take part in sparring or competitions?
No! Very few students actually want to enter competitions and tournaments. If they do, obviously we can accommodate them and have special training sessions tailored to meet the needs of students who enjoy sparring and competition work. Regular classes are non-contact for fitness, self defence and enjoyment.